Store lookup table in vbe module

Rowland Hamilton

How can I store a lookup table in vbe module instead of a worksheet (hidden or visible). Is this possible?
Or, could I pull the contents out of an existing lookup table, delete the workhseet, and have vba add a new worksheet and recreate the table? - Thank you, Rowland

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Please provide more information about what you are trying to do.

And explain why you can't simply copy and paste the table,if you want it transferred from an existing place to a new worksheet?

Upvote 0
Glenn: Appreciate your responds.

I don't want any lookup tables in the workbook so the end users can't see it or undhide it. Trying to not affect the original workbook beyond adding th enew sheets.

Thank you - Rowland

Note:
I hear there is a super hidden where the sheets don't come up when viewing hidden sheets list but if you don't remember the sheet name you can't unhide it ever, so I don't want to use that.

Upvote 0
I find this contradictory:
don't want any lookup tables in the workbook so the end users can't see it or undhide it. Trying to not affect the original workbook beyond adding th enew sheets.
Either you don't want any lookup tables in the workbook, or you add new sheets with the tables. You seem to say you want both.

You can set a sheet visibility to xlVeryHidden, and the user won't be able to unhide it, as long as you protect the project from viewing, as such a sheet can be made visible from the VBE very easily.

Upvote 0
Glenn/Folks:
"Have your cake and eat it, too" is exactly what I want. Use a lookup table but not have it exist in a worksheet.

I seem to remember a presentation where the programmer stored his lookup table as an index sheet in the VBE? Maybe I misunderstood. I'm still not sure if its possible. Let me know.

Thank you, Rowland

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back