weekly & monthly formulas

ecox2000

is there a way to make a worksheet total number from sunday-saturday while at the same time totalling the 1st of the month through whatever the end of the month is without having to create new sheets each time?

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
On 2002-04-22 11:03, Mark W. wrote:
What's your data look like?

i have to create a spreadsheet that allows a user to enter dollar amounts & quantities on a daily basis (sunday-saturday). then i have to add up each of the values for a weekly value. this i've got, but i'm not sure how to go about having the spreadsheet calculate the monthly figures (since sunday isn't always the first of the month).

say i have data where the total dollar amount spent on labor is entered for each day of the week. i just add sunday through saturday, but how do i apply the same logic, if the date (1st of the month) is entered for the specific day of the week to tally up the monthly total spent on labor (without having to enter the data twice). maybe having separate sheets or something.

Upvote 0
Well as Mark has said without some more to go on it is tough to say anymore than it is done all the time.

Look up DAY, WEEKDAY, MONTH, YEAR .etc in the help section. with SUMIF or an array formula they will pull the data you require.
Month for example will allow you to select all the days of a month no matter when it start or how many days ar in the month.

HTH

Rocky...
This message was edited by Rocky E on 2002-04-22 11:30

Upvote 0
PivotTables would provide a flexible solution to your request. Do you have any interest in using them? If not, you could use DSUM along with a appropriate critera. I trust that your list of values has field names.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back