Combining mutiple files into ONE without "cutting and pastin

vampcatt

OK Here is what I am trying to do, hopefully someone can help me with all my problems :)

I have a program that creates a csv output of inventory for me. I then run another program that converts it all to html.

HERE are my problems. The inventory I am gathering information on is from 8 regions, and 20 locations each. SO.. focusing on one region at a time, I have 20 separate "output csv" files, that I need to have combined into ONE file. I have manually combined all the files, with the good old cut and paste, BUT, that taints the "cell information" I have found that once I get all the files into ONE file, my HTML generator, will no longer function.

IS there a way to append to a file? or combine them, without cutting and pasting?
ALL files have the same cell size, column width etc, so they are similar in structure, just not data within the structure. Merging shouldn't be a problem.

I appreciate any help or suggestions.
( I don't know how to use the VB very well, and I think it would cause the html generator to no longer function also, so I don't think VB is the way for me to go.

THANKS!!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
I guess in really simple terms, in case my question was confusing.

say I have :
sanjose.csv
sanfrancisco.csv
monterey.csv
cupertino.csv
losgatos.csv
santaclara.csv

and I WANT to take them all and combine them into california.csv

HOW can I do that, without having to cut and paste each document manually?
Is there a way to make a new document called "california" and somehow "import" the data from all the other files??

Thanks in advance! :)

Upvote 0
Why not use a system editor (e.g., EditPlus, BBEdit) to append the files and then save the resultant file as "California.csv"?

Upvote 0
Word should be able to do this too. You could record a macro that will do it for you.

Open the first file, then insert-file (choose next file), then insert... until all are inserted. Save the file as text or csv, then open from Excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back