validation list wont work with freeze panes

SamS

This one has driven me crazy. Set up a column with a validation list which worked fine. Then later set up a freeze pane and the columns with the validations were on the left hand side of the vertical freeze. Now the drop down list won't show although the validation still works, I have to take freeze panes off if I want it to work.

Using Excel 97 and NT4 (I pray that we will upgrade this millenium). Is there any way around this?

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
On 2002-04-22 19:39, SamS wrote:
This one has driven me crazy. Set up a column with a validation list which worked fine. Then later set up a freeze pane and the columns with the validations were on the left hand side of the vertical freeze. Now the drop down list won't show although the validation still works, I have to take freeze panes off if I want it to work.

Using Excel 97 and NT4 (I pray that we will upgrade this millenium). Is there any way around this?

Hi SamS
This is a known issue with excel97.
The problem has been fixed with latter versions.

Upvote 0
Thanks Ivan, nice to hear from you again. I am waiting for our company to upgrade both OS and software. They've been giving it the mirror treatment for several years now.

Upvote 0

Actually ut does work to a certain extent, but only if you have the next column visible. i.e. if your validation list is in Column B you need to have Column C completely visable next to it. This can be a pain but after a while you hard notice pressing right arrow/left arrow :biggrin:

I suppose it's entirely possible to have a macro that, when one of the target cells is selected it does the arrow thingy for you. I can't test this until I get to work but I'm sure it would be that difficult.

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-22 21:54, Ian Mac wrote:

Actually ut does work to a certain extent, but only if you have the next column visible. i.e. if your validation list is in Column B you need to have Column C completely visable next to it. This can be a pain but after a while you hard notice pressing right arrow/left arrow :biggrin:

I suppose it's entirely possible to have a macro that, when one of the target cells is selected it does the arrow thingy for you. I can't test this until I get to work but I'm sure it would be that difficult.
Ian, I have the next 3 columns visible but they are to the left of the freeze pane. I can do validation to the right of the freeze pane but that is of little consolation. As Ivan states, I will have to wait till our company finally upgrades to something a little more recent.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back