Likes Likes:  0

Thread: validation list wont work with freeze panes

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one has driven me crazy. Set up a column with a validation list which worked fine. Then later set up a freeze pane and the columns with the validations were on the left hand side of the vertical freeze. Now the drop down list won't show although the validation still works, I have to take freeze panes off if I want it to work.

Using Excel 97 and NT4 (I pray that we will upgrade this millenium). Is there any way around this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-04-22 19:39, SamS wrote:
    This one has driven me crazy. Set up a column with a validation list which worked fine. Then later set up a freeze pane and the columns with the validations were on the left hand side of the vertical freeze. Now the drop down list won't show although the validation still works, I have to take freeze panes off if I want it to work.

Using Excel 97 and NT4 (I pray that we will upgrade this millenium). Is there any way around this?
    Hi SamS
    This is a known issue with excel97.
    The problem has been fixed with latter versions.

Kind Regards,
    Ivan F Moala From the City of Sails

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Ivan, nice to hear from you again. I am waiting for our company to upgrade both OS and software. They've been giving it the mirror treatment for several years now.

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually ut does work to a certain extent, but only if you have the next column visible. i.e. if your validation list is in Column B you need to have Column C completely visable next to it. This can be a pain but after a while you hard notice pressing right arrow/left arrow

I suppose it's entirely possible to have a macro that, when one of the target cells is selected it does the arrow thingy for you. I can't test this until I get to work but I'm sure it would be that difficult.
    "Have a good time......all the time"
    Ian Mac

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-04-22 21:54, Ian Mac wrote:

Actually ut does work to a certain extent, but only if you have the next column visible. i.e. if your validation list is in Column B you need to have Column C completely visable next to it. This can be a pain but after a while you hard notice pressing right arrow/left arrow

I suppose it's entirely possible to have a macro that, when one of the target cells is selected it does the arrow thingy for you. I can't test this until I get to work but I'm sure it would be that difficult.
    Ian, I have the next 3 columns visible but they are to the left of the freeze pane. I can do validation to the right of the freeze pane but that is of little consolation. As Ivan states, I will have to wait till our company finally upgrades to something a little more recent.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others