How to Unload a Form

eros

Board Regular
Hi everyone,

I have a bunch of forms in memory as part of UserForms collocation. I find the particular form that I want to unload from memory through a "for each" loop, but I fail to do so successfully.

Could anyone suggest a correct syntax?

Many thanks in advance

Code:
Public myForm As UserForm 

Sub UnloadForm()
  Dim ctrlLabel As MSForms.Control

For Each myForm In UserForms
    On Error Resume Next 
    Set ctrlLabel = myForm.myLabel 
    If Not ctrlLabel Is Nothing Then
      If myForm.myLabel.Caption = "X" Then

Unload myForm  'DOES NOT SEEM TO BE WORKING...

End If
    End If
  Next
End Sub

Are you repeatedly calling ShowForm? Are you putting each instance of myUserForm in your own collection after it is created? That collection would be a good way to keep all the run-time UFs handy for referencing.

Yes I repeatedly call ShowForm for different tags, X, Y, Z and to assign different control values available on the form. I assume Excel puts all these newly created forms in Userforms collection. And I can loop through them using this collection managed by Excel. Therefore, I don't do anything further. Am I right?

Alternatly, to mark a userform as "made" you could put an "x" in the .Tag property of the userform. That avoids the error handling to check if someForm has a myLabel control.

That's a beautiful idea! I will certainly use it. It will help a lot, timewise for my VBA code.

On another level, why all the run-time userforms? An existing userform that has Pages added to its Multi-page control at run time seems a more stable control.

I would love to do it, but it is way beyond my current level of Excel knowledge. If you would be kind to show me how to set up that multi page forms, I would appreciate. Nevertheless, I would also love to know how to get around my problem I am currently suffering from. How can I unload my primitive forms from memory based on the setup I have used. I just spend too much time for this setup and I cannot ignore it completely at the moment.

Many many thanks indeed.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
That just does not work. It is the first thign I have tried...

Let me be more specific... It removes all forms already open on my screen. However I target only specific forms with a special tag value.

Upvote 0
Let me be more specific... It removes all forms already open on my screen. However I target only specific forms with a special tag value.

Gee!!! I checked my code once again, it works now. It is a simple if check error on my side for tag values. "Unload myForm" works.

Sorry for bothering. How I am ashamed, I cannot tell enough.

However, you have given me great suggestions. Thanks for all...

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to multipage implementation of forms.

Truly, many many thanks!!

Upvote 0
I'm away from my Excel at the moment, so I can't be sure of the syntax of a
UserForm1.MultiPage1.Pages.Add statement.

One further step in simplification would ask Why have different instances of the same userform? If each userform does the same thing to the different objects that it is "pointed" at, it might be more stable to have one userform and with a variable "pointer", than many userforms with fixed "pointers". As you can tell, this approach would be very use dependent, so What are you doing with each of these userforms?

Upvote 0
I'm away from my Excel at the moment, so I can't be sure of the syntax of a
UserForm1.MultiPage1.Pages.Add statement.

One further step in simplification would ask Why have different instances of the same userform? If each userform does the same thing to the different objects that it is "pointed" at, it might be more stable to have one userform and with a variable "pointer", than many userforms with fixed "pointers". As you can tell, this approach would be very use dependent, so What are you doing with each of these userforms?

No worries Mike. I myself can look up multipage and relevant syntax. With this multipage approach is it possible to collect all different forms in one place and switch to each form as if it is a page of book? Then it might work for me.

As you say Mike, in my case I think this is what I need. I didn't quite understand your "pointed" approach; however, I can say that each form, being a different instance of a UserForm, holds different data, well a block of data by means of label controls on the form. So I need these forms seperately, and sequentially as if a database record. I check the label controls as my data fields and use them further in my VBA code. I hope this explains what I am up to.

Many many thanks again for your kind assistance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back