Average same cell on multiple sheets excluding blank

Grinch

sheets are named 1 through 22, the cell is f2 so I was trying:

=AVERAGE('1:22'!F2)/COUNTIF('1:22'!F2,">0")

but I come up with a #VALUE!

any ideas?

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
This should exclude blanks.

=AVERAGE('1:22'!F2)

It doesn't exclude zeros.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why the number 2 at the end? I am having this same issue but this formula did not work for me. i have sheets titled 1 through 60, i want to the put my formula in cell R3 on a master sheet titled MASTER, I want to pull data from cell N7

Upvote 0
Why the number 2 at the end? I am having this same issue but this formula did not work for me. i have sheets titled 1 through 60, i want to the put my formula in cell R3 on a master sheet titled MASTER, I want to pull data from cell N7

In R3 of MASTER enter:

=SUM('1:60'!N7)/INDEX(FREQUENCY('1:60'!N7,0),2)

If you select the FREQUENY bit in the formula balk and hit F9, you'll see something like:

{2;8}

which means there are 2 number <= 0, 8 numbers > 0.

The 2 informs INDEX to pick out 8, the second number from the array the FREQUNCY function returns.

Upvote 0
Yes I entered that exact formula and it is returning "0". I have percentages in N7 of sheets 1-3 and I want to average that cell for all 60 sheets. Not sure why I am getting 0 as answer to this formula

Upvote 0
Yes I entered that exact formula and it is returning "0". I have percentages in N7 of sheets 1-3 and I want to average that cell for all 60 sheets. Not sure why I am getting 0 as answer to this formula

Go to the formula bar, select the FREQUENCY bit, i.e. FREQUENCY('1:60'!N7,0), and hit F9. Copy what you see and post that here.

Also, what does this give?

=SUM('1:60'!N7)

Upvote 0
Silly me, it was showing zero because I had not converted it to a percentage like I wanted. The formula was correct and worked for me, thank you!

I now have another question...I want to create a graph from my data that automatically updates with new entries and also ignores 0's. The cells with 0's in them have formulas and are returning a 0 value because entries have not been put in yet. I converted the 0's to "NA()" and it seems to have worked but the graph does not update automatically. any thoughts?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tish101

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back