Userform Question

Nibbles

Board Regular
A hopefully simple to somebody userform question:

I am making an accounts type spreadsheet for my parents with columns on Sheet 1 containing total amount, VAT, net amount etc. To aid data entry I have constructed a user form for them which adds values into the appropriate columns. I realised that at some stage they would enter something incorrectly. I thought it would be cool if I had another userform to edit an already entered row of data.

I already have a combo box which displays all the dates of payments. How, when I select a specific date, can I get the rest of the data in that row, e.g. total amount, net etc to appear in several other editable boxes on the userform, so that my parents could correct a mistake?

i.e. I want to select one value in a combo box, then the rest of the data from that row to appear in other boxes on the userform. As there may be more than one payment per date, it would be good if they could initially select the date, then refine the selection with another field, e.g. total, if more than one payment does exist for that date.

Blimey, what a ramble! Please nobody quote!

Any help/ideas greatly appreciated!

Nibbs

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
On 2002-04-23 08:14, Nibbles wrote:
A hopefully simple to somebody userform question:

I am making an accounts type spreadsheet for my parents with columns on Sheet 1 containing total amount, VAT, net amount etc. To aid data entry I have constructed a user form for them which adds values into the appropriate columns. I realised that at some stage they would enter something incorrectly. I thought it would be cool if I had another userform to edit an already entered row of data.

I already have a combo box which displays all the dates of payments. How, when I select a specific date, can I get the rest of the data in that row, e.g. total amount, net etc to appear in several other editable boxes on the userform, so that my parents could correct a mistake?

i.e. I want to select one value in a combo box, then the rest of the data from that row to appear in other boxes on the userform. As there may be more than one payment per date, it would be good if they could initially select the date, then refine the selection with another field, e.g. total, if more than one payment does exist for that date.

Blimey, what a ramble! Please nobody quote!

Any help/ideas greatly appreciated!

Nibbs

Sorry, I had to quote. Have a look at this post. I suggest you use the date as in the ".Find" part to get the data and use something like "offset" to populate the textboxes on your userform. (also, if you have more than one occurence of that specific date, which you inferred, have a look for "FindNext" in VBA help.

http://www.mrexcel.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=5633&forum=2

If you need any help, just repost.

Upvote 0
I want to select one value in a combo box, then the rest of the data from that row to appear in other boxes on the userform. As there may be more than one payment per date, it would be good if they could initially select the date, then refine the selection with another field, e.g. total, if more than one payment does exist for that date.

Assuming that you have already input at least 1 set of correct data into the sheet and saved it, you can use the ControlSource property for the text box to reference this correct data.

Hope this is what you meant.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help Mark/Mr. Nick,

I'll work my way through it and report back. Just been dumped with a whole load of work though so it may not be for some time!

Thanks again for the speedy replies gents.

Nibbs

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back