VBA - addins (Office 97)

davidtrickett

I know how to add an addin to the list - but how can I remove one? NB I don't mean uninstall, but removing it from the list entirely.

Thanks

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Hi David.

question from:

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/faqs/xl97faq7.htm

I have several add-ins that I no longer use, yet I can’t figure out how to remove them from the Add-Ins Available list in the Add-Ins dialog box. What’s the story?

Oddly, there is no direct way to remove unwanted add-ins from the list directly from Excel. You must edit the Windows Registry and remove the references to the add-in files you don’t want listed. Another way to do this is to move or delete the add-in files. Then, when you attempt to open the add-in from the Add Ins dialog box, Excel will ask if you want to remove the add-in from the list.

I searched my registry and could not figure out where the entries were...
A little time and you'll find it.

Tom

Upvote 0
In the past, simply deleting the add-in file from C:program filesmicrosoft officeexcelXLSTART has done the trick for me... Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem... Give the a try.

:wink:

Upvote 0
Many thanks for the responses. But it seems that this one is insoluble.

The problem is that I have some 200 users of an Excel VBA application on a network, which has recently been restructured, necessitating a substantial rewrite. I wanted to remove all reference to the original addin without any user action or error messages, both of which can, from bitter experience, lead to disaster!

But thanks anyway.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back