User Name in Comments

mikeiwo

I am trying to get rid of the automatic username placed at the top of my comments. I have played around with the User Name designation in the tools|options|General section but the best I can come up with is putting a "space" the input box.

This of course doesn't solve the problem it merely leaves me with a " :" at the start of my comment.

Is there any way of disabling this or is it something I am just going to have to live with. For some reason I find most annoying.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Mike

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
the user name or network sign on is what you refer to , its so I you they we know who input the comments, funny when edited no new name but still.

to remove this is can easy be done via VBA and so click command buttom not name and open to input text to that comment on the active cell,

Sorry i cant recall how to avoid this in open play of non VBA .... i guess i really should, intrested if anyone knows.. bar sign in by cancel of cause.. no good on networks thou-

Upvote 0
Maybe I am wrong, but when I use a comment box in excel, I just either highlight and delete that stuff, or backspace to get rid of it. Perhaps I misunderstood the question?

Upvote 0
Not using the VBA, have never played around with that much. Actually, just learned about it in the last 5 minutes... Heh. That route will of course be accompanied be a decent learning curve I am guessing.

This is occurring when adding a comment through a right click then insert comment or of course through the regular menu paths.

Thanks for the quick responses and continued thanks for future responses.

Mike

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-23 11:31, nancyo wrote:
Maybe I am wrong, but when I use a comment box in excel, I just either highlight and delete that stuff, or backspace to get rid of it. Perhaps I misunderstood the question?

As do I right now. However, with programs of this sophistication we shouldn't have to do that. It is a minor nuisance admittedly, however, a nuisance nonetheless.

Mike

Upvote 0
nancyo you are definetely right, it is what i do to remove user name :)

mikeiwo, you can goto Options_General and Change the user name with one space then you will just get ":" in your comments instead a long user name.

Maybe you like it.

Upvote 0
He doesn't want the ":" in the comment box either, he just wants the comment in the box. I don't think this can be done outside of using VBA. If there is a non-VBA solution can someone post it?

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-23 11:43, teebruin wrote:
He doesn't want the ":" in the comment box either, he just wants the comment in the box. I don't think this can be done outside of using VBA. If there is a non-VBA solution can someone post it?

Correct.

If someone could also be so kind to post a step by step answer in VBA so that even a complete moron could follow it that would be cool too.

Thanks,

Mike <who is actually not a moron, but will have to explain the procedure to one.>

Upvote 0
On the toolbar, insert comment will bring up a coment box on the excel spreadsheet (in a specific cell). Simply backspace or highlight and delete the user name.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back