FullScreen Problems

Nathan B

I want to have my excel workbook viewed by the user in fullscreen mode. I have this code written. However, if the user minimizes my workbook to do work in another progam, my workbook switches out of fullscreen when they maximize it. Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
This might work...

Private Sub Workbook_WindowResize(ByVal Wn As Window)
Application.WindowState = xlMaximized
ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMaximized
End Sub

Tom

Upvote 0
I couldn't get it to work. Perhaps I'm not tying it directly to the action of the user choosing to maximize my worksheet. I appreciate all the help.

Upvote 0
Nathan, you need to put Tom's code into the workbook module ie right click on your worksheet tab and view code (or alt F11 should do the same), double click on Workbook and add the code in there.

Upvote 0
Check this out

Private Sub Workbook_WindowResize(ByVal Wn As Window)
Application.WindowState = xlMaximized
ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMaximized
End if
End Sub

Upvote 0
I'm still not having any luck with this one. in the workbook I'm editing I have an Auto_Open macro and one of the actions in this macro is Application.Displayfullscreen=True. Of course this kicks it into full screen. When an Excel workbook is in full screen the minimize button in the top right corner only minimizes the active workbook. The minimize button for the entire Excel program disappears. I have written a simple macro that reads Application.WindowState = xlMinimized and tied it to a button that I embedded in the top right corner of the workbook. This serves my purposes of being able to minimize the entire Excel program. I'm still having trouble with Excel automatically kicking out of fullscreen mode when the user selects excel again. I have tried both macros that have been provided. I have placed them into the workbook module as SamS has indicated. I've also put the code in each individual worksheet moddules. Each time I save, exit, and reopen the workbook. I click on the minimize button I created. The program minimizes. I select the program again to maximize it. When it maximizes the workbook is no longer in fullscreen mode. Any other ideas? Sorry about the long post. I appreciate the help.

Upvote 0
Sorry Nathan,
I misread what you were asking...
Use this in your deactivate event to place the display back to normal

Application.Displayfullscreen=False

Tom

Upvote 0
I have that function in my deactivate command. Perhaps I'm not explaining myself well. Try this, open a new excel workbook, write this macro: Application.WindowState = xlMinimized, tie the macro to a button in the workbook, select view-full screen. After it is in full screen mode, click on the button to run the macro. It should minimize Excel. Click on Excel in the Windows program bar to maximize Excel once again. When it does, Excel will have kicked out of full screen mode automatically. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks

Upvote 0
All you have to do .... is exactly what was put before

sub workbook_WindowRestore(byval wn as window)
application.displayfullscreen=true
end sub

problem is I can't tie in the event....

but in theory something along these lines should work... just need to find the event for a window restore!!

Ed

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back