Problem with XL´97 / 2000

Sven Eichler

Hi out there!

I have this problem: I am a System administrator in a 35-people company. One of our Users got an XL-Sheet from one of our customers, and it was working fine. Then I chaned her PC to a newer one, including Win2K and Office 2K. So now, she tries using the thing, and if she tries to print out a part of it, XL says something like (I don´t know the exact phrase in english): "Printborders don´t fit on page".
If you go to print preview, the pages appear really, really small, the borders are so screwed up, that you have to manually pull themapart in order to see anything on the paper.
Question: Does this have anything to do with the change from Office97 to Office2000? Because other Users with Office97do not haqve Problems with it. What can I do? Help!!!

Actually, I was thinking ´bout that before, too, for there doesn´t seem to be any logics inflicted with this... It works on 97, but not on 2000... Jesus, as if I hadn´t different things to do... ;-(

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
your post sounds very like what i have said above, but i except im wrong if yoyu have knowledge of bianry compositions to Microsoft Excel file structures and how blank areas are assigned to defaut 010101010 machine codes and the way data is compress over 11011011011 etc .

can i request you share...

as i have never worked out why compression works so well on small file and large file but not in med size files....

?????????????????????

Please advise me!
does this allowance for structre allow for curuption and tge reset via hyaerarchie allow omition to errors thus render the file to be opened and useable...

Upvote 0
`Morning!

AH, who said I have binary knowledge...? I am not an office Pro, I just make computers work in a network (or try to, anyway...). All I do is make excel sheets for users, if they beg enough... :wink:
So I happily welcome any more ideas, no matter how abstract...

Upvote 0
This is just an idea, not neccesarily the best idea, but try it. I have had luck when I've run into access violations on NT.
On a machine running O 2000.
Copy the naughty file into a new workbook, save it as 95 to 2000 format, if all is well on the troubled machine, save it as a 2000 workbook.
Tom

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back