where to begin

abanky

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Here is my problem,, I have a workbook with 4 sheets, sheet one contains a list of people andsecurity numbers that may or may not be on the other sheets, sheet two contains a list of names and security # for company one, sheet three contains a list of names and security # for company two and sheet four contains a list of names and security # for company three.

here is what i want to do, I want to take the people on sheet one and find out which company a person works for, by security #, if not are they listed on sheet two, are they listed on sheet three, or sheet four.

I don't know how vba works right now, so i am kind of looking for a if then formula, any help would be great.

Abanky

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I would try a formula with IF, ISNA, and VLOOKUP statements. If all the codes are in Column A and names in Column B try something like:

=IF((ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$Z$2,2,FALSE))=FALSE),"CompanyOne",IF((ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet3!$A$1:$Z$2,2,FALSE))=FALSE),"CompanyTwo",IF((ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet4!$A$1:$Z$26,2,FALSE))=FALSE),"CompanyThree","UNEMPLOYED")))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back