data markers in xy scatter charts

scattered

How can I do the following to data in a scatter chart?

For a given set of plotted coordinates (x,y) I want to associate another value that will then plot to scale as the data marker in the scatter chart.

For example, if coordinates (x1, y1) represent a project of size A, and coordinates (x2, y2) represent a project of size twice as large as A, the data marker for the second project will be depicted as twice as large as that the first on the scatter chart.

Also, as a variation of the same principle, how do I bracket the sizes of the data markers? For example, if I want the data markers for projects between size 0 and 2xA to be depicted with one size and those for projects between 2xA and 4xA with another size, and those between 4xA and 10xA with a third size, how can I do that?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Sounds like a bubble chart. Have you considered this chart type? Suppose A1:B4 contains {"X","Y";1,2;3,4;4,3}. You could enter the formula, =B2/MAX(B:B) or =B2/MIN(B:B), into C2 and fill down to C4. Next, select A1:C4, choose the Bubble Chart type from the Chart Wizard, select "Series in columns" at Step 2 of 4, and press [ Finish ].
This message was edited by Mark W. on 2002-02-25 11:28

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back