Listbox referencing

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
How do I do this? I've never dealt with listboxes before.

my other file is in C:datamaydata.xls and the sheet is datasheet2002. I want the list box to contain all the names column A.

Upvote 0
I was having the same problem. Heres how I got around it.
First I found this article:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/excelx/excelx_main.asp?embfpath=howtox&embfname=xl_listboxes.asp

Then I copied my "data" worksheet to a new worksheet in the workbook I wanted the list box in. I renamed it Data.Then I followed the instructions in the article, and it works great! Every time you add to your "data" list, they appear in the list box. For some reason (stupidity, I guess) I could not make it work when it was in a different workbook, that's why I copied it to the new workbook.
Good Luck!

Upvote 0
This would be great, but I'm not using mac. Under my format menu, I don't have a control option. the only things i can see that are closely related is under the item properties where it lets you put in controlsource and rowsource. neither of these let you refer to cells in another file (at least as far as i can tell).

EDIT: sorry bout that. it works if doing it from the excel window. i was trying to do it through VBA, and they are somewhat similar, but not completely.
This message was edited by excelmacro on 2002-04-24 12:44

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kj9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back