Date problems when using MS Query

G

I am trying to use Word to mail merge date from Excel. For some reason when I try and select on the date field that I have it doesn't recognize it properly. Even if I set the condition IsNotNull, it does not get selected even though there is a valid date there. Also, there is another date field that seems to work ok, except that it shows the date AND time even though I only enter a date. These cells look like they are formatted the same but clearly respond differently in MS Query. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated. THanks very much!

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
hi

To be blunt ! Word YUUUUUUUUUCk!

Can you not do all this in Excel vlookups and so on...

IF so i might be able to code out such an idea, sorry i hate Word and refuse to use it (just my view nothing personal = it stinks)

Excel has VAST power that not used i exploit this and run merges as such to on the fly command button run letters, i do this EVERY dat 25 today and same mant days i make coffe and done,,,

Interested?????

PS SORRY TO Word lovers.. nothing personal

Upvote 0
On 2002-02-25 11:21, Anonymous wrote:
I am trying to use Word to mail merge date from Excel. For some reason when I try and select on the date field that I have it doesn't recognize it properly. Even if I set the condition IsNotNull, it does not get selected even though there is a valid date there. Also, there is another date field that seems to work ok, except that it shows the date AND time even though I only enter a date. These cells look like they are formatted the same but clearly respond differently in MS Query. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated. THanks very much!

Is it possible that what you believe to be a datevalue is really a text representation (e.g., "1/1/02") of a date?

Upvote 0
Hi

Query should be ODBC daates should be fine if set connert by netwrok profiles....

thought about this ICT Manager needs to adjust convertions on download, ask them best call

Upvote 0
Mark

THere are NO quotes in the date field, so I don't see how it is text. In fact, if I change the format to General, the number changes from 12/30/00 to 36891, so it does look like a correct date. Any ideas?? Thanks again!

Jeff

Upvote 0
Hi
Sounds like your data is not clean, that s comes in as 01/01 so excel will convert to 10/01/00 automatic

Need to format the cell to give correct daye reference as general will only offer serial date nuber custon format as you want to read xx/xx/xxxx or what ever.

Like i said in earlier post ICT manager need to get ODBC to rip the data as you want else your be onverting for ages. ODBC will allow this, i do it everyday repeatedly..

Good luck

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back