Double stacked column

Adrae

Is it possible in Excel to create a graph that puts two stacked columns side by side for comparison. For example, the first column would include a segment for product budget and a segment for services budget. The second column that would be right next to it would be stacked with product actual & product budget. There would then be 5-6 of these pairs to represent different sales channels say, or months. Does this sound possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No. That's the limitation. Unless there is something VBA can do with the graph. These guys are doing some amazing stuff with VBA.

Maybe in the next version of MS-Excel. It is one of the more useful graphs. I expect it will get more attention by MicroSoft in the future. It has already been improved in Excel 2000.

Philip

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Using your data in rows across. Jan-2002 is in cell B1 and Dec-2002 is in M1. Then the labels repeat again from N1 to Y1. I put the Budget data in cells B2-M2 and B4-M4 respectively. I then put the Actual information in cells N3-Y3 and N5-Y5 respectively. The labels in N1-Y1 do not matter as they will not be shown on the graph, but it makes more sense to keep them the same as B1-M1. Now when you highlight A1-Y5 and click on the Chart wizard it will attempt to create the chart you want. Just select the Stacked Column and then Next. Now since your data is set up across instead of down choose Columns and then make any other changes you want. When you click Finish the graph should be made.
Now with 24 entries the legend may not show all the entries. You can increase the size of the legend to see all the entries if they do not show up in the default graph. Once you can see them all it will be easier to determine which ones you want to delete from the legend. Procedure same as my first message from here on out.

This graph is really powerful. I hope it works well for you.

Philip

Hi Philip,
Your suggestion worked for me.
Thanks.

Chaitanya

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THMarana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back