Zoom

poleary2000

I have a particular file that will not allow me to use 'Zoom' during Print Preview. It doesn't matter what my default printer is or what page size I select.

Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Hi Patrick:
Could be some particular aspect or combination of aspects about the file, ...

its size
any macros
functions
udf's
Data Tables,
Pivot tables
Calc Status

can you think of any thing that's peculiar about this file that might be causing this behavior?

If it is a single worksheet you might try moving it to a new workbook and saving that workbook.
If there are several worksheets, you still might try, moving the worksheets to a new workbook, save and reopen.

Before you do all this, how about if you quit Excel, rrestart and open the same workbook;

and if that does not work, how about quit Excel, shut the copmputer down, restart, open Excel and then open the workbook

Well, Good Luck!

Upvote 0
thanks for the comments chris, all help as we have come to except is good if in good faith, ive been arround PCs 15 years and have some ideas, Im MCSE so have some clues also and mix in the correct fields, Softwared developement company, every day im ask questions as the guru, which im not. ive TOTALLY given up giving 20 cures and never getting feed back so not i spoon feed, techi wise, i loose guys, but not the hardcoe programmes and technictions i work with they ask me just as much.

ALL HELP IS WORTH.. if it fails move on NEXT.

try this

open excen now work book open and open word.

now new doc in excel save as Jack1.xls

now close excel, now close word.

now cold boot and leave off for two minutes..

now open excel without doc and open word, now open effected doc.. do as you wish.

Upvote 0
WHOA - Hold the phone fellas. I did not mean in anyway to suggest that Jack's suggestion wasn't any help. It certainly was. I meant to say that after I tried it, it did not rememdy my situation. Please do not misconstrue my abrupt comment for not appreciating someones help. Because I do appreciate it.

So far, I have tried all suggestions, and none of them have alleviated the problem. They are all great suggestions. They HAVE been a great help.

I'm still trying. If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

Upvote 0
as you say different printer must be LAN over whatever backbone, is the workstation BENT

Try the file from another PC

Upvote 0
do you need more help>>>

Suggest save as different name like JackintheUK and save on local and LAN

now i would re open on the doggy PC.. no its not doggy really just refered to as better than --- that pc over there ???

workstation was bent....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarahmed1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back