Changing the color of the little triangle on cells with comm

ssunchen

Hi,

I set the cells' background color to red, and generated a comment. Due to the little triangle being red too, the triangle is invisible (since the background is red). Could you teach me how to change the triangle's color to another color, i.e. white or yellow?

Thank you very much.

ssunchen

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Sure can,

The comment triangle comes in two colours though. Fire Engine Red and Strathclyde Red. To the naked eye, the former is the colour of the comment triangle. The latter is a tinge more tangerine than red, but again to the naked eye, it appears red. To change the colour, you open Excel, then do absolutely nothing.

I sincerely hope that this helps.

PS. It's not possible, change your background colour to green for the attribure clash. Sorry, a couple of pitchers of beer for the worse.

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-24 21:40, Mark O'Brien wrote:
Sure can,

The comment triangle comes in two colours though. Fire Engine Red and Strathclyde Red. To the naked eye, the former is the colour of the comment triangle. The latter is a tinge more tangerine than red, but again to the naked eye, it appears red. To change the colour, you open Excel, then do absolutely nothing.

I sincerely hope that this helps.

PS. It's not possible, change your background colour to green for the attribure clash. Sorry, a couple of pitchers of beer for the worse.

Hi Mark:
As I saw your posting, I was wondering where you were going with it ... although the analogy seemed quite obvious -- sure you can get it in any color you want as long as it is black!

Upvote 0
Hi

Very soory i was monkeying about since i ahve gone XP Excle i have little red tirangles just as you but the other top corner has green its EXCEL XP trying to be helpful has drop down to crooect errors, best bit is converts labled numbers to true numbers easy,

My point was i have TRIANGLED to solve this i want to move the and re colour them and re size them, even have little LOGO

NOPE :(

Maybe so one knows how!!

Upvote 0
Since the thread's topic has been dealt with, how about helping me with another extremely critical detail of Excel?

I am an under-achiever, and proud of it. I really try hard not to push myself.

Unfortunately, I am obligated to use Excel, the name is a shortening of the word excellent, and which, in itself, connotes a striving for superiority.

Is there any way to change the name of the program to something less elitest, less proud, something that doesn't connotate a constant endeavor for superior results?

Quattro is a good means-nothing word, but, unfortunately, my company doesn't use it.

Just wondering,
Steve

Upvote 0
Hi

Yes you can change some ID to Excel like the splash screed IE not have one or change it, to a picture of JACK!!!

Also the Excel workbook in the top left can be edited to JACK IN THE UK!!!

Does this help

Search for these on this boar i have posted address to this before

HTH

Jack

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maplemeadows

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back