Vlookup Problems

funky1968

Hi,
I consider myself to be reasonbly good with Excel, but just lately I have been having some problems with vlookups!
I currently have a simple spreadsheet with 2 worksheets.
The first worksheet has detailed information regarding my products.
I am trying to get the second worksheet to look up and return a certain column in the first.
When I enter the formula if I use a FALSE statement in the lookup it returns all #N/A's, if I dont use false it returns information (but not the correct information)
Can somebody please help me out here because it is very frustrating not understanding why it is doing this all of a sudden!
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Sara :confused:

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Can you post your formula? It sounds like the formula is actually working perfectly. The #N/A indicates all the information in the formula is valid (though not necessarily correct) and that it just can't find what you're looking for. Without the FALSE, VLOOKUP will simply search for the closest match, which often is inadequate for what users need. Please post the formula and we'll give you a hand.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Thanks for your replies, I actually just fixed the problem, it was quite strange - I moved the column containing the lookup data and pasted it as the third column rather than the first and it worked???
In my formula I had given the lookup range as the entire spreadsheet so I dont know why it didnt work the first time!

Thanks anyway.

Sara

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-25 01:39, funky1968 wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for your replies, I actually just fixed the problem, it was quite strange - I moved the column containing the lookup data and pasted it as the third column rather than the first and it worked???
In my formula I had given the lookup range as the entire spreadsheet so I dont know why it didnt work the first time!

Thanks anyway.

Sara

The lookup value is the first column, the second, third etc columns are which data is looked up. You probably had the lookup value other than the first column.

:biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back