excel 2010 how to set tab/return order

SLIDER0501

I am new to this forum and in my first post don;t think I was specific enough. So I will try to explain what exactly I am trying to do and hopefully someone can help.
1. I have saved my file in excel as a xlsm file.
2. I have tried a macro code someone gave me in an earlier post but I don't I explain what I needed and will try to do better.
3. Do I need to delete the worksheet macro/code and if so how do I do that.
4. I am working in xcel 2010 and need to do the following.
5. want to set the tab and return key to a particular order
6. Not every cell will require something be inputted every time
7. Need the tab/return key to go through the same order regardless if something is enter in a cell or not.
8. Here is the beginning order I need to follow..I won;t list all them buthere are the first few and if someone can help me with this I would be so thankful!

I need to finish before work tomorrow and have spent way to much time on it but has to be done.

List of cell order. "C1, J1, Q1, C3, B5, C6, C7, L5, L6, L7, L8, L9, L10, O5, O6, O7, O8, O9, O10, D15, D15, M13, R13, etc.."

This is a form I have created and want a person to be able to go through it using the tab or return key in a certain order but the person doesn;t have to input something in a cell if they don't need to.

Please help. I would even be willing to email someone the worksheet if that would be easier.

Thanks is advance.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
This line of code will select the specified cells:
Code:
range("C1, J1, Q1, C3, B5, C6, C7, L5, L6, L7, L8, L9, L10, O5, O6, O7, O8, O9, O10, D15, D15, M13, R13").Select

It could be set to execute when the worksheet becomes active, or by a button on the Quick Access Toolbar or a shortcut key (or any or all of the above)

Using the Tab or Enter key will cycle through those cells in the specified order.
Shift+Tab will move backwards through the list/

If any other cell is selected with the mouse then the Tab/Enter keys won't automatically go to a desired cell, so it would be best to unlock the cells in the select statement and then protect the sheet so only unlocked cells may be selected.

The last link in my sig describes how to add the code to your workbook.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you telling me that the file cannot be saved with a tab order? What is the code to enter to save it with the tab order? I can activate to have it changed but need the file to remain in the tab order so when I email to someone they don't have to activate the macro or anything besides just atb through.

Upvote 0
Right-click on the worksheet tab and select View Code

Paste the following code into that codepage:
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
    Range("C1, J1, Q1, C3, B5, C6, C7, L5, L6, L7, L8, L9, L10, O5, O6, O7, O8, O9, O10, D15, D15, M13, R13").Select
End Sub

The cells will be selected (with the first cell in the list as the active cell) each time the worksheet becomes the active worksheet.

You should also unprotect those cells and lock the worksheet to keep other cells from being selected if the rest of your worksheet will allow it to be configured that way.

To keep the user from being asked to enable macros each time the workbook is open, the code will have to be placed in a trusted location, or the directory where the code will be stored will have to be added to the trusted location list. Check out Office Button | Excel Options | Trust Center to read about how to do this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back