Creating my own add-in

Chris Davison

MrExcel MVP
Evening all,

I recently downloaded and installed that excellent pack of Longre's functions. One of which was the =MCONCAT function.

Now, when you access it via the paste function button, as with other functions like VLOOKUP or MATCH, it brings up the formula wizard box where you go through formula step-by-step.

(ie input your scource cell, input your range, input your last arguement true/false etc etc)

I'm close to finalising a formula which I think would be handy to "release" as such an add-in, but have no idea how I can configure it so that those boxes for the 3 variables pop-up when someone accesses it via the function paster.

I've created my own add-ins at work, no problem, they are just formulae, it's this ability to pop up a box with the variables required that is required....

Would anyone be prepared to walk me through it or give some advice, or is this sort of thing well outside of the realms of a "hobbyist" ?

many thanks
Chris
:)
This message was edited by Chris Davison on 2002-04-25 11:27

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back