"Not enough system resources to display completely&quot

tn312c

Hi, I've been working with links the past few days and have been experiencing the subject error message. What do I need to do to avoid the error?

Thank you in advance...

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Not enough system resources to display completely&

I had a case where using a combo box, where my ListFillRange referred to a named range on a different worksheet caused this error.

By moving the named range to the same worksheet, the error went away

Upvote 0
Re: "Not enough system resources to display completely&quot

It happened with me when i formatted the background, when i removed the background the size of file shrank friom 164 kb to 32kb - problem solved! :)

Upvote 0

This also happens if Excel starts up while the desktop is locked.

Upvote 0

I have just fixed this problem - I had multiple combo boxes referencing tables in another tab. Simple fix, zoom level must be equal in both tabs, error goes away (i.e. set all tabs to 100% zoom).

Not sure that this will work for all causes of the error, but it worked for me.

See more at:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/183503

Upvote 0

I have just fixed this problem - I had multiple combo boxes referencing tables in another tab. Simple fix, zoom level must be equal in both tabs, error goes away (i.e. set all tabs to 100% zoom).

This worked for me Thanks samty!

Upvote 0

EXCEL 2010 that almost drove me crazy <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
A couple of months ago, I have found out that some older EXCEL workbooks, that worked fine for years in versions from 2000 to 2007, start giving error "Not enough system resources to display completely" when trying to open them on EXCEL 2010.

<o:p></o:p>
Symptons<o:p></o:p>
- Opening workbook it gives error "Not enough system resources to display completely";
- Sometimes it hapened and sometimes it did not, even using the same workbook (but different opening sheets);
- It never happened during workbook operation, only during opening;<o:p></o:p>
- My version of EXCEL is 14.0.5128.5000 (32 bits).

<o:p>Since this a rather complex project, I did not related this behavior with EXCEL 2010. I thought It was something that I did wrong.</o:p>
<o:p><o:p></o:p></o:p>
A carefull investigation that lasted more than 60 hours of brain and fingertips burning (along with all the sorrow because time was running out too fast), I have reached the following conclusion.

Conclusion:<o:p></o:p>
Opening a workbook EXCEL 2010 which opening active sheet have controls (buttons, checkboxes, etc) in it, it will likelly give you error "Not enough system resources to display completely".

Solution 1:<o:p></o:p>
1 - Remove controls (button, checkbox, images, listbox, etc) from opening worksheet, save, close and reopen workbook. Everything should be fine.

Solution 2:<o:p></o:p>
1 - Add a DummySheet (obviously without any controls);<o:p></o:p>
2 - Use workbook BeforeSave event to activate DummySheet - This will grant that once the workbook is reopened, opening sheet will be DummySheet, which will not have any controls;<o:p></o:p>
3 - Save, Close and Reopen.<o:p></o:p>
4 - If everything went fine, you might consider a restyling on DummySheet so opening sheet show something like "Loading data..."
I hope this tip will ease someone's life and avoid going thru the same nightmare I did.
Cheers (y)

Upvote 0

Julio,

Thanks for the tip. I'd like to try it, but could you help explain how to create a beforesave event that switches to a dummysheet? I searched but couldn't find anything clear enough.

Also, do think I would get the resource error when saving if I was on a sheet with checkboxes, etc?

thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianhfield

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back