Compare Last Points of Mulitple SeriesCollection

shadyferret

Hi everyone,

I've created a performance-based chart that updates every week and I need to change the plot background depending on the last point for 3 series.

Example:
Week 5
Series 1, Point 5 = 10
Series 2, Point 5 = 5
Series 3, Point 5 = 12

Based on these points, the plot area would be turned orange because Series 1 is greater than Series 2 but not greater than Series 3.

I don't control the source data for Series 2 and 3 so I'd prefer to use the series for my data to minimize how much manual work I have to do if the people who do control those series make changes (which is likely to happen in the near future and possibly again in the Fall).

I'm planning on controlling the plot area with If/Then/Else or Case loops, but I can't figure out how to reference or retrieve the data for the last point of these series. It seems that either SeriesCollection(1).Points.Value or SeriesCollection(1).Points.Count would work, except I'm not sure how to use them with a variable. I was thinking of making a For/To Loop that step backwards and exits the loop once it encounters a point with data and stores that data within a variable, but I'm lost on referencing chart data instead of cells within a range from a sheet. Any help? I'm open to different ideas of doing this besides my loop idea.

What I mainly need help on is finding the data for the last (non-empty) point and how to store it or reference it so I can continue with the rest of my loops. Then I can probably finish my code.

Thanks in advance!!

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back