Dynamic chart for 30 days

Karthikeyan Devan

Board Regular
I would like to get the process steps to get the dynamic chart. i have the datas in sheet names (data analysis). Here in I have dates from C6:EN6. And the producation datas I have per day starting in C33:EN33. Now when i need help where the chart will automatically update the datas of last 30 days. Everyday the column will get increased. In this case, we need to reduce one colummn from left tand increase once column in right.

Please explain how to do right from the scratch since this is new for me. As a FYI, i am using Excel 2007 / 2010

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Hi Mika,

Thanks a lot for the reposnse. I have tried a lot with the offset function which you have provided but it seems to be not working. Let me clear it once again. I have a sheet named "Data Analysis". Below how is it looks like.

Dates will be from C6:EN36 and the data will be from C33:EN37.

I have already created a chart and while trying to edit the series to give the name range, i am getting an error. My workbook name saved as "Hello.xls".

Could you please explaing with the steps right from the scratch. Also it would be great if you can help me with the screenshots.

Upvote 0
I need to do exactly the same today. I have used the Peltier tutorial (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html) but can't get it to work in Excel 2010.
Once I put the dynamic names into the chart they become static. By manually trying to change the formula box on the charts Excel already crashed twice.

Before I need to find me an old PC with Excel 2000, is there something I overlooked?

Upvote 0
Working example:
Excel Workbook
CDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABACADAEAFAGAHAIAJAKALAMANAOAPAQARASATAUAVAWAXAYAZBABBBCBDBEBFBGBHBIBJBKBLBMBNBOBPBQBRBSBTBU
601/01/2012########################################11/02/2012############################11-Mar
3610#3######83#1#3####3##2##8##3############27############################150
Sheet2

69545225.jpg

There are two names ranges:
Data:
=OFFSET(Sheet2!$C$36,0,SUMPRODUCT(--(LEN(Sheet2!$C$36:$EN$36)>0))-30,1,30)

And
Dates:
=OFFSET(Sheet2!$C$6,0,SUMPRODUCT(--(LEN(Sheet2!$C$6:$EN$6)>0))-30,1,30)

How to add the ranges to the chart please fallow my previous post.
If you need a copy of this sheet please send me PM

Upvote 0
I managed to make it work, if only that 2010 chart ribbon wouldn't be such a pain you know where!

It took me a while before I found where exactly to put the "=Sheet1!chtValA" command...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back