Populate userform field from access database

hypuk

Board Regular
Hi there

I waswondering if you can point me in the right direction.

I have a userform in Excel and want to poplate a couple of fields with data from a Access Database.

Basicaly I have a Account number field, I want to enter a account number and click on a search button and for the correct information attached to that account number be populated in the First Name and Surname field only. If no data is found then a message box appear stating no information found.

A link to a screenshot of my form is below
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/formg.gif/
formg.gif

I use Office 2007.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mark

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Mark have you tried any code so far?

I use this code to fill a workbook from an access database using a query in the database and refering to a parameter value, this could be adapted.

So the data could gointo a worksheet then populate the form from the worksheet once you click your search button.

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> RunParameterQuery()<br><br><SPAN style="color:#007F00">'Step 1: Declare your variables</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> MyDatabase <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> DAO.Database<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> MyQueryDef <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> DAO.QueryDef<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> MyRecordset <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> DAO.Recordset<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> i <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Integer</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#007F00">'Step 2: Identify the database and query</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> MyDatabase = DBEngine.OpenDatabase("M:\Access Files\Test ME Today.mdb")<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> MyQueryDef = MyDatabase.QueryDefs("qryGoToExcel") <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'Query name in the database</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#007F00">'Step 3: Define the Parameters</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> MyQueryDef<br>.Parameters("[Enter Department]") = Range("D3").Value <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'From parameter field in access</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#007F00">'Step 4: Open the query</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> MyRecordset = MyQueryDef.OpenRecordset<br><br><SPAN style="color:#007F00">'Step 5: Clear previous contents</SPAN><br>Sheets("Sheet1").Select<br>ActiveSheet.Range("A6:K10000").ClearContents<br><br><SPAN style="color:#007F00">'Step 6: Copy the recordset to Excel</SPAN><br>ActiveSheet.Range("A7").CopyFromRecordset MyRecordset<br><br><SPAN style="color:#007F00">'Step 7: Add column heading names to the spreadsheet</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> i = 1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> MyRecordset.Fields.Count<br>ActiveSheet.Cells(6, i).Value = MyRecordset.Fields(i - 1).Name<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> i<br>Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit<br><br>MsgBox "Query has been successful", vbInformation, "Sample"<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back