Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Find totals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got in column A a series of names, ex. A1="Fred", A2="Jos", A3="John" and so on. In column B next to the names I've got a value, B1=236.69, B2=254.87, B3=326.99,...

Here's my problem, the names in column A may repeat themselves. I need a way to match the names in Column A to the values in column B and find the total value that is in column B that matches with the specific name in column A.

Here's an example:

I've got 3 instances of "Mark" in column A with corresponding values in column B of 10.00, 5.00 and 15.00. At the bottom of my sheet I've got to show that Mark has a total of 30.

Can anyone help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

On 2002-04-26 06:36, imonline wrote:
    I've got in column A a series of names, ex. A1="Fred", A2="Jos", A3="John" and so on. In column B next to the names I've got a value, B1=236.69, B2=254.87, B3=326.99,...

Here's my problem, the names in column A may repeat themselves. I need a way to match the names in Column A to the values in column B and find the total value that is in column B that matches with the specific name in column A.

Here's an example:

I've got 3 instances of "Mark" in column A with corresponding values in column B of 10.00, 5.00 and 15.00. At the bottom of my sheet I've got to show that Mark has a total of 30.

Can anyone help?
    =SUMIF(A1:A100,"Mark",B1:100)

If "Mark" in a cell, say, E1, use E1 in lieu of "Mark" in the above formula.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Aladin!

Sometimes I have a tendancy to look for a complicated solution (lookup, hlookup,...).

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others