Vlookup and Sum Across Multiple Tabs?

Dean99

Hi Everyone-

I currently have a tax workbook with 50+ tabs (at least one for each State), and in each tab there are tables with many divisions and the amount of taxes paid. I'm trying to figure out a way to do a vlookup and sum in a main summary worksheet such that I can get the total taxes paid by each division (it would need to vlookup each of the 50+ tabs, and then sum). Is there a way to do this? I'm not very good with VBA so please be gentle if that's what is required . . .

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ok, I tried the formula you provided and I get a #REF! error. Here's the formula

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&list&"'!b55:b200"),B4,INDIRECT("'"&list&"'!c55:c200")))

my list is AA3:AA54

What I'm looking up is dates in colum b to match the dates on individual worksheets and then add values in column c (yes my data starts on each worksheet on row 55).

What's wrong?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
You can make this simple and not get fancy. In your Main Summary tab add 50 columns to the left of your division. put your Lookup for each tab/state in each of the new columns and then add a sum column that adds them together. (You can hide the 50 columns if the sheet gets too big or you just dont want to see them)

Upvote 0
Ok, I tried the formula you provided and I get a #REF! error. Here's the formula

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&list&"'!b55:b200"),B4,INDIRECT("'"&list&"'!c55:c200")))

my list is AA3:AA54

What I'm looking up is dates in colum b to match the dates on individual worksheets and then add values in column c (yes my data starts on each worksheet on row 55).

What's wrong?

Do all the sheets in list available?

Upvote 0
Well maybe - each sheet is a person and a person could have a starting date of 12/XX/2013 or 3/1/2014. Each sheet's data starts on row 55, column b contains the dates, column c starts the data for that date (I actually want to sum all the rest of the columns but thought I'd start with the frist one). I decided it might be a sheet name issue so I copied the sheet names into the LIST range just to make sure.

On the summary sheet b3 starts the dates (earliest to latest) and c3 is where I need my first formula.

Upvote 0
Well maybe - each sheet is a person and a person could have a starting date of 12/XX/2013 or 3/1/2014. Each sheet's data starts on row 55, column b contains the dates, column c starts the data for that date (I actually want to sum all the rest of the columns but thought I'd start with the frist one). I decided it might be a sheet name issue so I copied the sheet names into the LIST range just to make sure.

On the summary sheet b3 starts the dates (earliest to latest) and c3 is where I need my first formula.

I meant Are, not Do... If any sheet in list is not available, you'll get a #REF! error.

Otherwise, control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=SUM(IFERROR(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&list&"'!b55:b200"),B4,INDIRECT("'"&list&"'!c55:c200")),0))

Upvote 0
I meant Are, not Do... If any sheet in list is not available, you'll get a #REF! error.

Otherwise, control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=SUM(IFERROR(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&list&"'!b55:b200"),B4,INDIRECT("'"&list&"'!c55:c200")),0))

SUCCESS!!!!! THANKS!!!!! BTW - do you know if any of the statistical formulas are not support across worksheets? I have some avg, med, mean etc. calculations to do as well.

Upvote 0
Ok, that was a stupid question. I'm gonna have to go at some of those formulas in a different way. Thanks for all your help.

Upvote 0
SUCCESS!!!!! THANKS!!!!! BTW - do you know if any of the statistical formulas are not support across worksheets? I have some avg, med, mean etc. calculations to do as well.

Ok, that was a stupid question. I'm gonna have to go at some of those formulas in a different way. Thanks for all your help.

You are welcome. For averaging, you need to call SumIf and CountIf. Not all stats will be this easy though.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back