Courier Shipment tracking in excel

vikash6451

I am trying to figure out from long time but not able to do it.I want to create a excel sheet in which a column will have tracking no. and the another column will have courier company name(DHL,FedEx,etc). The 3rd column should give me whether the shipment was delivered or in transit in real time by automatically going to corresponding courier company website and using the tracking no.Is there any way to do this?I am new to VBA and macros. So a detailed description would be appreciable.Thanx in advance.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Welcome to the board, vikash.

That's one heck of an ambitious first question!

I won't say that it's not possible to resolve, because I'm sure that someone with the right skills (and it looks to me like it's going to take a lot of skills) could probably do it. But it's very ambitious. I doubt if you'll find anyone on the board who'd be willing to take the time to develop an entire application like that for you just in their spare time and just for the heck of it.

On the other hand, if you start the development yourself and have questions with particular - discrete - aspects of the question, well, we'd be very happy to pitch in with those more focused kinds of questions.

And for all I know, because some of the people here do have awesome skills, someone might be able to write up code for exactly what you want, and deliver a polished, working, and bulletproof application. How much is that worth to you? Assuming that I could do that - I can't - I wouldn't do that for free, and I don't know anyone else who will, either.

Here's wishing you better luck on your next question! And narrower scope ...

Upvote 0
Echoing the thoughts of BlueHornet on this one.

I think, and it IS just a thought, you might be able to do this via an SQL connection or other external query connection. Have a look at Data>>Get External Data. If you think this might work you will probably need server connection permission (server name, username, password) which those companies should be able to provide you.

Start going and see how you get on, ask any specific questions as you go. Good Luck!

Upvote 0
Sorry to bump an old thread here guys, but it was pretty relevant and how I found the forum in the first place so I figured why not.

I'm looking for a similar solution as the one requested. I'm using Excel 2010 and have a spreadsheet I use for incoming packages (mostly FedEx, UPS and few USPS). I have a scanner from Motorola to scan the tracking numbers. What I'm curious to is if anyone knows how I might go about making the spreadsheet such that after scanning the package, I could get the recipient and sender information automatically pulled from the courier sites into the spreadsheet?

Thanks!
- sheesh

Upvote 0
I am trying to figure out from long time but not able to do it.I want to create a excel sheet in which a column will have tracking no. and the another column will have courier company name(DHL,FedEx,etc). The 3rd column should give me whether the shipment was delivered or in transit in real time by automatically going to corresponding courier company website and using the tracking no.Is there any way to do this?I am new to VBA and macros. So a detailed description would be appreciable.Thanx in advance.

I don't know how safe the vba or programming is, but shiptrackaddin.com offers a free ad in that states it accomplishes this and offers the source code as freeware requesting a donation for use or if you like program.
As they operate their own site, the safety of my own computer comes to risk but if you are able to go through the source code and ensure there is no malware included, it might be worth looking at.
Do so at your own risk

Upvote 0
Bumping this thread because i want a similar functionality with Bluedart shipment tracking. As ahunter488 suggested, it is a good site but i don't think it's active anymore. You can try calling Aftership's api within VBA or there is another such site which offers similar api. Not sure if either of them work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back