Autorecover has been disabled

Sparhawk

I have a very annoying problem with a single file. About 15-20 minutes after opening it, I get a pop-up message saying "An unexpected error has occurred. AutoRecover has been disabled for this session of Excel."

When I check in the Save options, the AutoRecover timer and location are greyed out and cannot be selected.

I don't think the issue lies with the network path, as the file is in M:\My Documents\Packaging and I can open files with longer and more complex names from the same location without any problems. The file in question is an xlsm file but, again, I can open other xlsm files from the same location without any issues.

I am using Excel 2007 on Windows XP (SP 3).

This is a particular problem as I want to convert the file into a template to send out across my company and I don't want to knacker everyone's AutoRecover.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hi.

An unexpected error has occurred. AutoRecover has been disabled for this session of Excel.

This type of error can occur if the file that you want to insert or you are trying to insert is located
on a network location and the full path to the file is too long.

To solve this issue try reduce the length of the path by making the folder names short or by changing
the location of the file that you want to insert before inserting it into Excel.

For an example: - Copy the file from the network which is nested to a local drive before you insert it into Excel.

http://www.techyv.com/questions/autorecover-has-been-disabled-session-excel

Upvote 0
I can open other files with longer and more complex names from the same folder with no trouble, it's just this one file that won't work properly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back