Unable to insert rows

MikeGeno

Board Regular
I am having an issue using Excel 2010. I am trying to insert a row in one of my worksheets.

When I attempt to do so I get an error:

"To Prevent loss of data, Excel cannot shift non blank cells off the worksheet. Select another location in which to insert new cells, or delete data from the end.

If you do not have data in the cells that can be shifted off fo the worksheet, you can reset which cells Excel considers nonblank. Press Cntl+END to locate the last non blank cell on the worksheet. Delete this and all cells between it and the last row and column of your data."

I went to the last row of my data set and highlighted all the rows below it to the end and deleted them. I also deleted all the columns to the right but it still will not let me insert a row after doing so, very confused. My data table ends are row 392 so I am nowhere near the end of the sheet...

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I dropped the code in and ran it but it did not fix the issue. This is very odd. I have had this happen a few times in the past but the deleting of all rows always did the trick. Any other suggestions?

Upvote 0
So I copied a blank cell from a new workbook and pasted it into the last 5 rows of the worksheet then deleted them and it seems to have fixed it. Odd error.

Upvote 0
Never need to apologize for trying to help, I am always grateful for the great people on this board who spend their own busy time trying to provide help to those in need.

I Appreciate you taking the time!

Upvote 0
Reason you are unable to insert rows or columns are simple. You accidently entered data into last raw or column (even blank one). This prevents sheet to expend. You have to delete last rows or columns and problem should be solved.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back