Another Files search Question....

UniversalJOC

whilst file search is performing a search in a particular folder, is there a way to omit a sub folder from that search?
Thanks

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I take it you're using the code I gave you earlier? If so, then you can either choose to have all subfolders searched or no subfolders searched - you can't omit some folders but include others. To omit all subfolders do something like this:-

.SearchSubfolders=False

If you want something else then please be a tad more specific i.e. which folders do you want to include/exclude?

Regards,
D

Upvote 0
The only thing now is that the file names and locations that are the result of the search are logged in A1 downwards. Is there a way to stop this record being made and just open the appropriate files? (So that the button can be used over without having to delete the data? if this makes any sense)

Upvote 0
Ok, instead of not listing the file names found, is it possible to choose where they are displayed? and then clear them once they have been used?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back