more sites with statistical maths excel stuff required

RET79

Hi.

A while back Jay petrulis suggested to me this website:

http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/9245/

which I think is really cool. I like the layout and doing the workings and calculations via VBA instead of on the worksheet, leaving the worksheet just to display the input and outputs. Cool.

Now, does anyone out there know of any other sites which I would enjoy? Anything of this sort, with statistical maths, probability, stochastic models etc. with applications in finance, gaming and so on.

If you do, please let me know, I love this sort of thing.

Thanks,

RET79

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Just out of interest....

Am I correct in thinking that doing calculations via VBA instead of on the worksheets is faster? I am guessing it is, it would be nice if someone can confirm this as I am moving into the stage where I would rather do the calcs via VBA as much as possible to only leave input/output for the user.

Many thanks,

RET79

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-27 05:28, RET79 wrote:
Just out of interest....

Am I correct in thinking that doing calculations via VBA instead of on the worksheets is faster? I am guessing it is, it would be nice if someone can confirm this as I am moving into the stage where I would rather do the calcs via VBA as much as possible to only leave input/output for the user.

Many thanks,

RET79

I don't believe so.

Aladin

Upvote 0
Aladin,

So, would you say that worksheet calcs are just as fast during a macro (provided events and screenupdating etc. are off),just as fast as a calculation through VBA only, using custom functions, would be?

It just seems neater to me to get the calcs done with arrays etc. in VBA code behing the scenes rather than using columns and worksheet formulas. Thus leaving the user with just input output to look at and tamper with. If it was faster to do things this way too, this would be a big bonus!!

Thanks,

RET79

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-27 07:22, RET79 wrote:
Aladin,

So, would you say that worksheet calcs are just as fast during a macro (provided events and screenupdating etc. are off),just as fast as a calculation through VBA only, using custom functions, would be?

It just seems neater to me to get the calcs done with arrays etc. in VBA code behing the scenes rather than using columns and worksheet formulas. Thus leaving the user with just input output to look at and tamper with. If it was faster to do things this way too, this would be a big bonus!!

Thanks,

RET79

The built-in worksheet functions will be faster in almost all types of computations we do. If you're concerned about the user tamper with the formulas and/or data, I can understand switching to VBA.

Aladin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back