2 Versions Of Excel...

Derek_35

I have 2 versions of Excel on my computer, 97 & XP. I have 97 to open webpages since XP is so slow...

Anyways, I want 97 as my default Excel (so when I open a file in my computer, it opens in Excel 97), not XP but I cant change it. Is there a way to do this?
This message was edited by Derek_35 on 2002-04-28 19:14

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Hi,
I assume you are opening a file from Windows explorer or my computer. What you need to ddo is change the file associations. To do this open windows explorer, Select Folder Options from the Tools menu and then select the File Types tab. Scroll down the list of Registered file types until you see the XLS Microsoft Excel Worksheet extension.
Cklick on this and then on change.
When the Open With window opens click on browse and find the Excel EXE file of the version of Excel you want to use.
Click on Open. Click on OK. Click on OK. Then click Apply and then close the Folder Options Window. You should now have Excel 97 associated with XLS files and therefor be the default when you double click on an Excel file.

Cheers,
Alan.

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-28 19:25, Tinhare wrote:
Hi,
I assume you are opening a file from Windows explorer or my computer. What you need to ddo is change the file associations. To do this open windows explorer, Select Folder Options from the Tools menu and then select the File Types tab. Scroll down the list of Registered file types until you see the XLS Microsoft Excel Worksheet extension.
Cklick on this and then on change.
When the Open With window opens click on browse and find the Excel EXE file of the version of Excel you want to use.
Click on Open. Click on OK. Click on OK. Then click Apply and then close the Folder Options Window. You should now have Excel 97 associated with XLS files and therefor be the default when you double click on an Excel file.

Cheers,
Alan.
Hi Derek_35 and Alan:
I am using Windows 98 ... I get to the Folder option from the View Menu after Windows Explorer ... and then proceeding to change the File Type Association.

Regards!

Yogi Anand

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back