How does this work then?

Mr Nick

Board Regular
This is not a problem. I've just come across a feature in Excel 97 that happens on one machine and not another.

I have a basic sheet with the first 4 rows being used for basic column headers etc. The data is then input as usual in the cells below. When I print this sheet out, the first 4 rows are automatically printed at the top of each page. This makes life nice and simple for me, but the same sheet on another machine does not produce the same result. Is this a feature in Excel that can be simply turned on and off to suit user preference or does one machine have a bug?

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
I don't know if you saved the file from one computer (A) and transfered the file to the other (B).

Repeating the first four lines (or really any specified number) is a feature of Excel in the page setup. Click the "sheets" tab and click in the "Rows to repeat at top" field. Input or highlight on the page the area you want repeated on each page.

I'm not sure why one computer does it over the other as I don't know how the file was transfered. If the file was saved and then transfered to the other computer, then the file was saved prior to initiating the feature. If the file was developed on the second feature, then the feature simply hasn't been toggled yet.

-Dave

Upvote 0
Can't figure that out myself,but that is the difference between the two. Don't know where the figures came from in the check box, but at least I know how to do it now.

Thankyou.

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-29 07:33, croweld89 wrote:
I don't know if you saved the file from one computer (A) and transfered the file to the other (B)...I'm not sure why one computer does it over the other as I don't know how the file was transfered. If the file was saved and then transfered to the other computer, then the file was saved prior to initiating the feature. If the file was developed on the second feature, then the feature simply hasn't been toggled yet.

-Dave

That may be a part of the *.xlt template file. If the template on the second machine is not set up for repeating the first four rows, it will {or should} not happen until this is turned on in Page Setup as you suggested!

Just a thought...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB_Unlv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back