Dont know if this will be possible...
Dont know if this will be possible...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dont know if this will be possible...

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But does anyone know how I can make a little floating form that will stay with the user no matter what screen they go on to?

I need it to have 12 little checkboxes on it and a command button. What I need it to do is when they select one of the checkboxes and press the command button, the form clears and starts again, and their answer feeds through to a separate workbook called "Data" (cell reference A1 needs to count 1 if they pick the first check box, cell ref A2 needs to count 1 if they pick the second check box etc...)
    When you say 'no matter what screen they go to' do you mean any window within Excel? If so, just use a userform and show it as modeless by either setting its ShowModal property to false or by showing it through code like this:-

Userform1.Show vbModeless

If you want the userform to stay on top of all applications then you're looking at some complicated code involving API calls.

HTH,
    D

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, modeless forms "appeared" in Excel 2000. So, if you're using 97, then you need some more API calls.
    Regards,

Juan Pablo González
    http://www.juanpg.com

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others