paste as picture/object?

chouston

Board Regular
Hi! I have about sixty-five spreadsheets that store data and generate bills for about 500 people on each one, at the end of each spreadsheet I have a summary for that property. I would like to copy the summaries from several of these workbooks onto one spreadsheet. When I was playing around, I somehow managed to paste the summary as a picture/object that couldn't be modified and didn't try to link to the original spreadsheet. However, I can't figure out how to do this again!! Can anyone help me?

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
On the worksheet or chart sheet, select the cells or click the chart or object you want to copy as a picture.

Hold down SHIFT and click Copy Picture on the Edit menu.

For best picture quality, make sure As shown on screen and Picture are selected, and then click OK.

Click the worksheet or other document where you want to paste the picture.

Click Paste

You can use the Picture toolbar to change the image.

Upvote 0
Thanks KLB this is exactly what I wanted,
although I have no idea how I managed to do this on accident...

Upvote 0
If you like the functionality of being able to paste pictures like this, I'd strongly recommend looking into Excel's "camera" utility..... it does this exact same thing but updates the picture automatically if the scource cells are changed... (like a link)

very very useful if you're using snapshots of different areas of your worksheet and pulling htem all together ina summary or something...

view
toolbars
customise
commands
tools.......... scrolldown the options

click the camera icon and drag it to your toolbar, you should now have a camera sitting on your toolbar

now highlight your cells in question and click the camera, this will take a snapshot of those cells

now go to where you want to show them as an image, click and drag to max size

if you don't like the format (opaque-ness, lines etc etc) right-click the new image and play around with the formats

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back