Likes Likes:  0

Thread: ? about saving file with links.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two separate workbooks on a floppy. One workbook has links to the other workbook.
    Everything works beautifully until I try to copy or save the darned thing onto my desktop or harddrive.

For some reason, I lose the link and get the message, "file not found". I also notice that in my spreadsheet that the links point to the file which is saved onto the floppy. (a drive).

How can I save or copy my workbooks so that the links will remain the same. Ultimately, I want to make about five floppys with the data so that each of the individuals can access workbook a and then have the info filter to workbook b.

Thanks!
    Dawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically, Dawn, you'll need to have them either copy the whole folder to their desktop or whatever location YOU built the file to link to. (Which of course, you can change by hitting Edit-Links.)

Winzip is capable of creating a file that will unzip while maintaining the folder names/structures. If you do that, be sure to put your files in a folder with a very unique name (!).

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have more questions, or Winzip is not an alternative.
    ~Anne Troy

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!!!

I'll try it!

Dawn

Some videos you may like

User Tag List