Track Entries

y2k

Board Regular
I've got a spreadsheet which automatically enters a value in Column C based on the date entered in Row B. However, I need to make sure that the value only gets entered in Row C once. Can I enter another row (hidden) that will track the fact that the value has already been entered in Row C and will not enter it a second time. Please help!!!!! :)
This message was edited by y2k on 2002-02-26 05:33

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
The value in Column C how is "automatically entered" ? formula ? VBA ? what's the condition to enter it ? Care to post 10 lines of data along with expected results AND code if you're using any OR formulas if any as well.

Upvote 0
A formula as follows "=if(b1>=37622,47,0)". 37622 is Jan-1st-2003. This is copied down about 50 rows replacing 1 with 2 etc... However, because the argument says "greater than or equal to" (which it has to) it will generate 47 each time a date higher than Jan 1st 2003 is entered. I only want it to be generated once, so therefore I need to track somewhere, the fact that 47 has been entered and put it in the if statement so that it knows now to enter it again. Am I making sense????

I'll try anything once!!

thanks

On 2002-02-26 05:58, Juan Pablo G. wrote:
The value in Column C how is "automatically entered" ? formula ? VBA ? what's the condition to enter it ? Care to post 10 lines of data along with expected results AND code if you're using any OR formulas if any as well.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dukenia71

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back