Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Monitor realtime data in Excel..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to monitor data from several (keyed in) "inputs" in a production line in excel. The display could consist of a varaible number of cells in rows in the sheet being formatted in colour related to accumulated data from each input.

It has been suggested to me that an intranet would be a good means of getting the inputs into excel.

If anyone can help me with the fundamentals of doing this I can supply more detail.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been my experience that when more than 1 person at a time try to view a spreadsheet on a network, you get a message saying that "This workbook is being view by someone else, would you like to open this file as a read only?".

So what I am trying to say is, I myself do not think you can do what you want. I am not a pro, I am just letting you know from my experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could play with the "Share Workbook" functionality under the menu headings Tools->Share Workbook....(Especially if you have xl2000 (can't recall if this is in '97)

You loose a fair amount of Excel's functionality under this setting, but a file on a Network drive could be accessed and manipulated by multiple end-users at the same time. It won't be refreshed/replicated/updated real-time, though....

[ This Message was edited by: NateO on 2002-04-30 09:23 ]

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others