Create Pivot table with data from 2 or more different spread sheets?

evenflow357

For my job I get sent large spread sheets with about 35,000 raws of data. Each spread sheet is the same layout and column headings.

I have been putting the data into the same spread sheet and using a pivot table to extract the data I need (that is from the overall data and not just one spread sheet). But this spread sheet where I have been getting the data is getting to large. So ideally is there a way I can insert data from different spread sheets into a pivot table? I looked into this and can link data from different tabs or sheets. But not different spread sheets/work books.

I would say I have good to advanced excel skills. I don't know VBA, but can edit the code if given instructions.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Try again
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/315768-creating-pivot-table-multiple-sheets.html

As I wrote already, that old thread (initially) addresses a particular request for a code solution. Further in the thread is other information. To change the code for later versions is minor, btw, and is likely just the connection string but I can' test that as I use Excel 2003 exclusively. But you don't need code to make the pivot table it is easy enough manually.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back