I know this is Mr. Excel and not Mr. Outlook but...

byodog

I know this is Mr. Excel and not Mr. Outlook but this forum has been very helpful to me in the past and I do not know where else to go for this kind of issue. I am the team leader of my shift and I use a shared outlook calender to keep track of vacation and attendance. It is shared to everyone on my shift can communicate their days off with each other and I am the only one the has permissions to edit the calendar since I have to approve their time off. This being said, my manager has asked me to try and come up with a way for the employees on all shifts to request their days off on the calendar instead of on paper and all I or whoever has permission to approve it can just click approve or deny and the shared calendar will be automatically updated. Basically an employee would request time off on the calendar and I would receive a notification, then if I approved it the calendar would show it and if I denied it the request would be deleted from calendar view and a notification sent back to the employee that it had been denied. Does anyone have any ideas on this or if it is even possible?????

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Instead of having a shared calendar, you could set up a new mailbox, call it "Employee Time Off Requests" or whatever. You'll have yourself set up with full permissions, as well as anyone else. In your calendar permissions, you can set Anonymous up as reviewer so everyone could see it.

That way, when an employee wants PTO, they'll just invite the "Employee Time Off Requests" in their meeting request, and you can accept or decline (or tentatively accept) as necessary.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back