Toggle Button control

Bidwin

I have a user form with a toggle button that, when clicked, executes a search routine on a worksheet. The button remains dimmed or opaque until I click it again. How can the button be prevented from being dimmed?
Thanks,
Bidwin

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
On 2002-04-30 10:04, Bidwin wrote:
I have a user form with a toggle button that, when clicked, executes a search routine on a worksheet. The button remains dimmed or opaque until I click it again. How can the button be prevented from being dimmed?
Thanks,
Bidwin
Well we need a little more information, please. I am puzzled as to why you are using a toggle button in the first place. Will not a simple command button do?

Really want to help, just need more details.

Rocky...

Upvote 0
Rocky,
I have a user form with several text boxes. Only one is available to users who enter a search argument into it. The rest are display fields for data taken from a large (>40,000 rows) worksheet. A user enters a search argument and clicks the toggle button that kicks of a search routine. If a match is found relative data is displayed on the form. If a match is not found a message is displayed saying so. The user can then quit or enter another search.

It doesn't matter what kind of control I use, I just selected the toggle button. If there's a better way please let me know.

Regards,
Bidwin

Upvote 0
Hi Bidwin,
I am not an expert, so I say this with humility (which is a little tough on line). A toggle is not the same. If you need a simple go search button don't use a toggle. The toggle is built to remember it's last state. That is its whole reason for being there.

Make a copy of your file. Change the button to a simple control button. If it doesn't fix your problem we can get someone smarter than me involved.

Really hope you understand I am trying to help.

Rocky...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back