2 Excel files

trkyassin

Gents
Could you please assist me in the below case:
1- I have 2 Excel sheet on my PC (Excel A is extracted on a daily basis from I Series by using data transfer while Excel B is the target one).
2- Excel B (target) has a special header and colors and contains 4 columns and 20 rows with zeros amount in each cell.
3- Excel (A) has the same columns and rows, but has amount in each cell.
4-I referred every cell in Excel (B) to the concerned cell in Excel (A) on my PC.
5-Now I have got my target excel B.
6-Every day I replaced Excel (A) with a new extract from I series , and when I open it , the Excel (B) effected with the new amount of Excel A (according to my previous reference).
My requirement is there any method to let another user to use those 2 Excel files on his PC without changing the reference predefined in Excel (B) Your assist in this regard will be appreciated.
Tarek

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hi TR, if I'm understanding correctly you want to give him copies to use? If that is the case, and the 2 files are in the same folder on your pc, then putting them together in the same folder on his should work. If not, what you will need to do on his pc is to open the 'edit links' from Excel B and choose 'change source' to redirect the links to the Excel A on his pc.

Debbie S

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back