Excel 97 Splash screen

swaink

I have created a form but i don't want the user to know its been created in Excel is it possible to switch off the splash screen when it is opened.?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
No. At least not that I have ever heard. Do you really think Microsoft would let you get away with not giving them their credit?!

:p
This message was edited by Dan Aragon on 2002-02-18 11:18

Upvote 0
Simply if you are saying when excel opens to stop the excel logo appearing and disapering YES you can and its simple

On the icon right click... no i cant remember properties and on the end of XXXXXX .excel.exe add this / -E and thats it Ok and open Excel no pop up Excel logo. if im wrong i cant recall the addition exactly...

maybe some one now will remember exaqctly

Rdgs
==========
Jack

Upvote 0
Jack is correct in this.
Just to add to Jacks reply;
What Jack is refering to is the startup switches for Excel. You can change this on
a shortcut or whereever the excel file is referenced by adding the /e or /embedded switch after the app startup path eg. "C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeExcel.exe" /e which will force
Excel to start without displaying the startup screen and creating a new workbook (Book1.xls). Note e or E is OK
as it is NOT case sensitive.

Ivan

Upvote 0
Hi Guys

Yes it works ok with one exception if I double click an excel file to open it from explorer or from my documents folder Excel starts without the Logo but then I get an error message c:My.xls could not be found followed by a second warning which refers to the document im trying to open saying that also can't be found any ideas guys

thanks Kevin

Upvote 0
Hi Guys

Forget my last the error was somewhere within my PC I have re installed Office and its working great thanks for your help its appreciated

regards

Kevin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back