HYPERLINK function is not working?

excelindianfanclub

Board Regular
HYPERLINK function is not working in my any excel book whichever i'm creating now.but the HYPERLINK function is working fine in my old excel book which was prepared so many months before.what is the problem?.there is no problem with the syntax of the HYPERLINK which i entered but still the function is not working.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
As an experiment, try this:

=HYPERLINK("http://www.cnn.com","NEWS")

Does this work?

Dear Gary,
thanks for the reply.well the example you given was working but the HYPERLINK function used to jump to a different sheet in the same workbook, include the name of the sheet, followed by an exclamation point (!), was not working

in my case
i have entered formula in sheet1!A2 =HYPERLINK(Sheet2!A1,"open")... it is not jumping to sheet2 A1 cell on the clicking the link on sheet1A2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try using this format:

=HYPERLINK("[Filename.xlsx<filename.xlsx>]Sheet2!A1","open")

Hope this helps!</filename.xlsx>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
=HYPERLINK("#Sheet2!A1","open")

thanks for the reply..
this doesnt work in the excel which im working on it.my version is 2007.but it works on separate new excelbook.. why the HYPERLINK function is not working in that excel book which im working on it.. is it problem with that workbook?

Upvote 0
Make sure the sheet is spelt correctly.
Sheet2
or
Sheet 2

dear Gary
thanks for the clue.ya i got what i want. actually my sheet name was GENERAL <space><space>TRUCK and i renamed it as GENERALTRUCK without any space between words.HYPERLINK function is working now properly.but now i got another doubt. is there rule for HYPERLINK function that the sheetname should not have SPACE (S) between words.please tell me about Do's and Dont's for the HYPERLINK function for better understanding.thanks in advance</space></space>

Upvote 0
You are absolutely correct about sheets with spaces in the tabnames. They require special handling. Note the use of the single quotes:

=HYPERLINK("#'GENERAL TRUCK'!A1","destination")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwindels

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back