Thread: Coloring Cells

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-04-30 21:29, elgringo56 wrote:
    because the field I am gonna use this in is 10000 cells long and the user can change (delete) cells in it. An If statement would let me put a formula in a protected area that the user cant get to
    Hi ElGringo:
    Now that we know that you have a lot of rows where the Conditional Formatting is to be applied, and you want to protect it from the user changing it ...
    1. lots of rows no probleme! -- copy the format of cells A19:C19 to the format to all the cells that you want the formatting applied to
    and
    2) to protect from the user not changing it -- protect the worksheet with or without a password and the user can not change the Conditional Formatting

I hope it clears your concerns. I am not trying to sell you on Conditional Formatting, but this is the way to do it.

Please post back if it works for you ... otherwise explain a little further and let us take it from there!

Regards
    Yogi Anand

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, here goes, the use can change the data in the area, that is a must. But by being able to change the day, they can also change the format by doing a delete or what ever. this is a problem

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-04-30 21:46, elgringo56 wrote:
    Ok, here goes, the use can change the data in the area, that is a must. But by being able to change the day, they can also change the format by doing a delete or what ever. this is a problem
    You can unprotect the cells that the user will need to change -- and if the worksheet is protected, the user can input into the cells, delete contents of the cells but can not change the Conditional Formatting of the cells.

Hope This Helps!

Regards
    Yogi

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others