Translating A Spreadsheet

Dazzawm

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have a large spreadsheet with a lot of data that is in Spanish. Is there any way or any code etc that would translate the whole spreadsheet to English? Thanks.

I was using the sheet CodeName, not Name. Subtly different. ;)

Change Sheet1 to Sheets("Sheet1")

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
1. Opened VBA and selected insert>module and pasted all the codes you said so there should be 3 seperated by lines correct?
If you are following instructions correctly then you should have 1 module with the code from post #5, and another module with the code from post #7.

Upvote 0
Thanks it has worked. You said it only looks at text but what if I have something like 2 roues drive which I believe means 2 wheel drive. I do have quite a few like that and it ignores them.

Edited

Also if I have a cell someting like 1.8, 1.8T, 2.4 V6, 2.8 V6, 1.9TDI, 2.5TDI it removes everything and just leaves 1.8.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is the results of Google translator... I can't really help what it produces. And regarding the "2 roues drive"; that's text. If it is not changing it's still Google translators result; it couldn't not translate it and thus left it the same.

Upvote 0
Its been a great help what you have done. Thanks Jon.

Upvote 0
You're very welcome! Best of luck with the rest of the translating. :)

Hi Jon...this is a great script. I have multiple worksheets in a directory and would love to run this on entire directories. My guess it would look through..any assistance would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hi Jon...this is a great script. I have multiple worksheets in a directory and would love to run this on entire directories. My guess it would look through..any assistance would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Are all files in a single directory?
Does each file potentially have multiple worksheets?
This could be slow.

Upvote 0
Yes, all the files are in a single directory and there is just one worksheet 'Sheet 1" for each that needs translation..not worried about slowness...i figured that...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back