Conditional Formatting for multiple columns/rows that are not sequential

jsgarner19

Hello all,
I have searched hoping to not have to bother anyone with this question, but haven't found one that quite matched up with my needs.

I am looking for a way to highlight a single cell of 3 columns (columns E, I and M), and 300 rows (starting with row 2)that is the lowest number in each row.

For instance Conditional formatting works wonderfully when I highlight cells E2, I2, and M2 choose Conditional Formatting>top/bottom rules> bottom 10 items > change to bottom 1, then OK.

It works perfectly, except, I don't want to have to ctl click e3,i3,m3 then follow the steps above for each and every row for 300 rows.

So, in summary, every row needs to highlight the lowest number, down the entire sheet.

This is for comparisons between pricing of 3 different food vendors, so that we can choose from month to month the lowest pricing. Not sure if this is going to end up being more work inputting the values each month, but if that is the route we should choose, I want to be able to, at a glance, see the cheapest vendor for a given food product.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Last edited:
I have 5 columns I to M having numbers, have another column O with the numbers, what I want to do is if column O number is grater than I to M columns highlight it else will remain as is.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back