Convert ounces left in a liquor to bottle to point system.

gleemonex69

Hi everyone, I hope yall had a great Christmas and a great new year. I am a bartender at a local bar (pub for those across the pond) and I am trying to come up with a more accurate way of doing my bar inventory. We currently use the point system, which is looking at the bottle and more or less jot down if the bottle is .5 (half the bottle) or .7(for a little more than half) or .2 (about a quarter of a bottle). So the point system is .1, .2, .3, .4, .5, .6 .7, .8, .9 and finally 1 for a full bottle. While this seems to me rather crude, it can give you a good inventory base if the same bartender or manager does the inventory. Everyone sees different point values when it comes to looking at liquor bottles, and then the odd shapped bottles are even stranger. I would like to weigh a used bottle to use the tare weight of the bottle and how many onces it serves so that I can get an accurate count (according to our point system) each time I or someone else takes inventory. For example: I know the tare weight of Absolut Vodka is 25.9 ounces and that is has 33.8 ounces of Vodka when full. I am not sure how to tackle this and I am certain that there is an easy way to get to the answer. I appreciate all of your help, and I think this might lead me to get a promotion so I will greatly appreciate it.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Try this:

A B C D
</SPAN>
empty</SPAN>full</SPAN>current</SPAN>
25.9</SPAN>33.8</SPAN>29.85</SPAN>=((B2-A2)-(B2-C2))/(B2-A2)</SPAN>

<TBODY>
</TBODY><COLGROUP><COL><COL><COL><COL></COLGROUP>
</SPAN></SPAN>
</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>

<TBODY>
</TBODY><COLGROUP><COL><COL><COL><COL></COLGROUP>

Upvote 0
Post#2's formula will give you a ratio of the contents remaining, but not necessarily the point system you asked about. If you want to stick with the points system then you could either format the cell to show one decimal point or use =ROUNDDOWN((C2-A2)/(B2-A2),1) instead.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back